Tuesday 11 June 2013

Peer Learning at Lakehub Kisumu

After getting my first job in Kisumu immediately after winding up my undergraduate studies at the University of Nairobi, I found out that I have been separated from the very environment, fablab and ihub, that nurtured me into what I am now.

When a colleague mentioned that a group of  techies within Kisumu were forming the lakehub, I was more than overjoyed. Since then I have been making efforts to attend every meeting.

Lakehub is aiming to bring together the tech and the business communities in western Kenya for their mutual benefit. With this collaboration many things happen like peer learning and collaboration on projects covering various tech spaces and  networking as well as the sprouting of new businesses as well as the provision of techsolutions to currently existing businesses.

I have been volunteering my time to teach arduino to some of the members who are excited about hardware hacking while I learn android and web programming from the team. The beauty of this is that it is free to learn and fun too.

Here are some pictures from last weekends hangout.

James Odada explaining the basics of android development





"Rainbow" Raspberry Pi 



No comments:

Post a Comment